Built by the Princes Valguarnera in 1721 to a project by architect Tommaso Maria Napoli, the villa is still owned by their heirs, the Princes Alliata of Villafranca. It stands on the slopes of the Montagnola, a small hill about 165 metres high, from which views of the gulfs of Palermo and Termini Imerese can be enjoyed. The Villa is one of the most sumptuous of all the Bagheria villas and that which enjoys the most beautiful position, in the middle of a park surrounded by balustrades and terraces. In front of the building is a large square with double exedra. The façade is concave in the middle to accommodate the double-ramp staircase leading up to the first floor.