Villa Trabia



Villa Trabia was built in the mid 1700s by Michele Gravina, Prince of the Comitini, and then bought by Prince Pietro Lanza di Trabia who, in 1890, ordered the restoration work which profoundly changed the original appearance of the building. The neoclassical structure of the villa shows pilasters, lintels and ornaments in white stucco on a dark grey background, worked in imitation of rocaille style plaster. There are few traces of baroque style: statues, vases and stucco decorations. The main entrance on the ground floor leads into a large room with vaulted ceiling resting on pillars which acts as a hallway and gives access to the garden, which once afforded the building a touch of greenery.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter