Villa Merlo



Giuseppe Merlo, who in 1781 acquired the title of Marquis of St. Elizabeth from the Gravina family, chose Ficarazzi as his summer residence, buying in the same period a rustic “baglio” which he transformed into a villa: Villa Merlo. The main body of the villa features the classic layout of the houses of the time, with the lower body wider than the first floor, equipped with large terraces. The façade is highly symmetrical, marked by flat pilaster strips and embellished with decorative stucco elements. Other features in common with summer residences of the time are: the avenue leading up to the house, the classical staircase, the octagonal well, the courtyard, the majolica floors, the guest rooms, the warehouses, the servants’ quarters with the caretaker’s house, the porticos, the chapel with the presbytery and the adjacent crop lands, and the open-air theatre.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter