Palazzo Giardina



Palazzo Giardina, better known as the Castle of Ficarazzi, is the historical symbol of the town. In the 15th century, the building was simply a watchtower erected to protect the sugar cane plantations planted by viceroy Pietro Speciale. In 1733 the property passed into the hands of the noble family Giardina, originally from Palermo, who extended the old tower and made it their residence – the Castle of Ficarazzi, with the addition of the eastern wing, large rooms, terraces and balconies and a scenic stone staircase. Of the ancient tower remain a machicolation with embrasure and bomb tower and various wall slits, visible on the west side of the castle.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter