Palazzo Asmundo



Palazzo Asmundo dates back to 1615 and takes its name from one of its owners, the Lord Chief Justice, Giuseppe Asmundo, Marquis of Sessa. Located in the centre of Palermo, on what is now Corso Vittorio Emanuele, the building is a typical 18th-century noble residence, rich in sculptures, frescos and paintings through which the aristocracy displayed its wealth. The frescoes, created by Gioacchino Martorana, praise earthly and divine justice, with the intent of magnifying the role of the Lord Chief Justice and owner of the Palazzo. The building is now a museum and houses collections of majolica ware, weapons, maps, tiles and much more: these elements make Palazzo Asmundo a real Sicilian art casket.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter