Oratory of Santa Cita



The Oratory of the Rosary in Santa Cita was inaugurated in 1686 by the company of S. Rosario in Santa Cita in Via Valverde, in the old-city centre of Palermo. The oratory was not only a place of worship, but also of assembly: the Society was very rich and prestigious and the oratory therefore reflects the status of its members. The interior of the building, decorated with the magnificent stuccoes of Serpotta, contrasts with the more modest external facade. The high altar, in neoclassical marble style with the monograms of the Virgin and Christ, is enhanced by the canvas of the Madonna del Rosario, by Carlo Maratta, dating back to the 17th century. Serpotta’s stuccoes recount the fifteen Mysteries of the Rosary and are flanked by pairs of allegories

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter