Oratory of San Mercurio



The present oratory of St. Mercurius is the only one left of the three owned by the ancient company of the Madonna della Consolazione in San Mercurio, founded in 1572. The present Oratory was decorated by the young Giacomo Serpotta in 1678: the particular beauty of its baroque stuccoes, depicting putti, make the Oratory one of the most important works of the sculptor. The majolica floors are also very beautiful, made in the 18th century by Sicilian masters.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter