Diocesan Museum



The Diocesan Museum of Palermo, which is housed in a number of rooms in the Archbishop’s Palace, was inaugurated in 1927 by Archbishop Alessandro Lualdi. The collection of the first exhibition was mainly made up of the sculptures that decorated the Cathedral, before it was transformed according to neoclassical style. In 1952 the works were displayed which had survived the air raids of the Second World War and in 1972 the museum was enhanced with works from buildings in which there were not enough security measures to prevent further theft after Caravaggio’s Nativity was stolen from the Oratory of San Lorenzo. The museum is currently closed for restoration work.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter