The Church of the Collegio di Maria
The Church of the College of Mary, in Baucina, is particularly important because it contains the body of the martyr and patron saint of the town, Santa Fortunata. The church was built in 1745, next to the adjoining college, already standing in 1728. The entrance is flanked by false columns, four per side, sculpted in relief and which scenographically support the second order of the temple. Here, a splendid and wide window opens surrounded by friezes and decorated with drawings that recall solemn atmospheres. The temple ends in a pediment decorated in relief, bordered on the sides by two remarkable bell towers. The interior is embellished with artistically-worked altars and a splendid painting depicting the Madonna del Lume, by an unknown artist.