Collegio di Maria
The College of Mary of Monreale was founded in 1724 by the archpriest brothers, Alberto Greco Carlino and Can. Lorenzo with the aim of educating and training the girls of the city. This magnificent 18th-century college is located in the heart of the old-city centre of Monreale and the main façade overlooks Piazza Vaglica in front of the Cathedral. Inside is a suggestive cloister with central fountain. From the internal portico, the “Gaetano Millunzi” Conference Hall, the recently restored Museum and the “Church of the Holy Trinity” can be accessed. The College is currently a nursery school.