Church of Santa Caterina
The church of Santa Caterina (St. Catherine) is linked to a Dominican monastery founded in 1310, which between 1580 and 1596 was enhanced with this new building. The façade is in late Renaissance style, has two flights of stairs and an imposing portal. The building features a dome dating back to the 18th century. The interior of the church has a single central nave and an appealing series of marbles, inlays and sculptures embellish the walls.
Inside the church are many references to St. Catherine: decorative medallions illustrate the scenes of the life of St. Catherine of Alexandria, there is a marble statue of the saint by Antonello Gagini and the fresco by Filippo Randazzo above the nave depicts the Glory of St. Catherine.