Church of San Matteo
The Church of San Matteo (St. Mathew) dates back to 1633; its baroque style facade is made entirely of dull-grey marble and is the work of Carlo D’Aprile and Gaspare Guercio.
The layout is Latin cross, with central nave and two side aisles, barrel vault ceiling and dome. Above the main gate are the high reliefs of Giacomo Serpotta symbolizing Faith, Hope, Charity and Justice. The dome is frescoed by Vito D’Anna.
The two artists are buried in the church crypt.