Church of San Giovanni Battista
The Church of St. John the Baptist, built in the 16th century, houses works from the 15th to the 18th centuries and a crucifix venerated because of the miracles attributed to it, including that of having cured a child suffering from hernia. The church has a magnificent late-baroque façade, with three entrance doors, a portal with twisted columns and other stylistic elements which would point to its having been designed by Palermo Senate architect, Paolo Amato, who was born in Ciminna The SS. Crucifix Padre di Grazia is a wooden work three and a half palms high and the figure of Christ is black. In the beginning the Cross had no devotional purpose. It was simply used to accompany funeral processions in the church and to the cemetery. The first extraordinary event linked to the Cross occurred in 1623.