Church of San Giorgio dei Genovesi
The church of San Giorgio dei Genovesi was built by Giorgio Faccio between 1576 and 1581, at the behest of the rich Genoese community in Palermo. The Genoese bought the namesake church from the confraternity of San Luca, demolishing it and erecting a new building dedicated to one of the saints dearest to Genoese tradition.
The exterior is in late-Renaissance style while the interior has a Latin cross layout divided into a nave and two side aisles with a high dome. The paintings, which also include works by Palma the Younger and Filippo Paladino, are preserved by the Superintendence of cultural heritage