Church of San Francesco
Mention of a chapel dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi in Castronovo di Sicilia dates back to 1346. The current church of St. Francis was built over the chapel in 1556. The church features a single nave without a transept, completed by a square apse with a lunette-shaped barrel roof, resting on Corinthian capitals. The church is rich in art works: of particular interest are the Annunziata, a sculpture in poplar, willow and lime tree wood, made in 1580 by Marco Lo Cascio di Chiusa Sclafani and the statues of St. Calogero, St. Joseph and the Immaculate Conception, works by Filippo Quattrocchi di Ganci.