Madrice church



The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary stands in place of the old church once located inside Palazzo Butera, declared in 1708 to be a part of Palermo Cathedral. The Madrice church was built in 1976 at the behest of Prince Salvatore Branciforti of Butera, who appointed architect Salvatore Attinelli from Palermo to design it. The style is neoclassical, with a fa├žade consisting of Corinthian columns and pillars, with a portal in the centre surmounted by an arch. Inside the church are two remarkable 19th-century works: a wooden statuette of the child Jesus with a heart in hand and, again in wood, but covered with gold leaf, the cradle with the childlike Madonna in the shape of a shell with two Eagle heads, owned by Prince Branciforti of Butera.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter