Mother Church of Santa Maria Maddalena
The Mother Church of Ciminna, is dedicated to Saint Mary Magdalene. The beauty of this church bewitched Luchino Visconti, who in 1962 shot here some scenes of his film, “The Leopard”. The precise period of its foundation is not known, but the original church was probably built, together with the town itself, around 1200. The present-day church dates back to 1500: the interior of the church is divided into a nave and two aisles with two rows of masonry columns, from which depart semi-circular arches. The church is mainly baroque in style and houses important and numerous works: from the historical archive dating back to the 15th century to the 18th-century wooden statue of St. Andrew apostle by Filippo Quattrocchi.