Mother Church of the Immaculate Conception



The Mother Church of the Immaculate Conception, was completed in 1628 and built at the behest of Princess Beatrice Del Carretto. In 1684, the extension works began of the Senate architect, Paolo Amato, with the addition of two side aisles with square pillars and six arches, maintaining, at least externally, a classical architectural style. Inside the Mother Church of Ventimiglia di Sicilia are many 17th and 18th-century works: the statue of Saint Tryphon, which dates back to the end of the 16th century, a wooden crucifix dating back to the middle of the 17th century, a monstrance dated 1725 used to display the consecrated Host, and a silver embossed and chiselled crown dating back to 1732 intended for the wooden simulacrum of the Virgin.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter