Mother Church of the Santissima Trinità
The Mother Church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, was built in 1091 as a military garrison. It was consecrated in 1404. The Church has a Latin cross layout, with various chapels on the sides, and ends in a single apse. The various stone inscriptions bear witness to the passage of the populations that conquered Castronovo in various eras. The main altar is dominated by the Holy Crucifix dating back to 1301: inside the church are numerous works and constructions dated between 1300 and 1900. Numerous valuable works are also to be found in the sacristy: a magnificent 14th-century ivory cabinet in Greek-Byzantine style, marble bas-reliefs by Antonio De Noto dating back to 1551 and various paintings including Our Lady of the Strawberries, a late-baroque work and Christ scourged, attributed to the Rubens school.