Church of the Anime Sante
Built in 1722, the Church of the Holy Souls was renovated and completed in the 19th century. It was at that time that the wall paintings in the chapels, the stuccoes and the frescoes were made. Today the church, called “La Gioia di Bagheria”, has three naves divided by columns. Inside are nine altars on the side walls and a large triumphal arch dividing the space between the central nave and the apse. The facade of the church was renovated in 1903 in local calcarenite stone and stucco for the decorative elements. The three-dimensional decoration of the façade consists of five arches in which are inserted plain double lancet windows.