Collegiate Church



The Church of the Saviour, called “della Collegiata”, is located in the Carrubella neighbourhood and is perhaps the most important place of worship of Monreale. The building was first erected in 1450, but originally it was only a rural church, enlarged in the 17th century following the spread of the cult of the Holy Crucifix. In the church are numerous works of art, such as the large majolica panel, the largest of its kind in Italy, consisting of ceramic tiles made of polychrome majolica tiles. The stucco work by Serpotta, the canvases, the statues and the Holy Crucifix, carried in procession on 3 May, are remarkable.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter