Church of SS Crocifisso



The Church of the Holy Crucifix, of Greek-Byzantine rite, is located in the neighbourhood of Mezzojuso which bears its name. The exact date of construction of the church is still unknown, but it is believed to have existed before 1618. Inside, the esteemed “fercolo” “la vara” of 1648 can be seen with the 15th-century Crucifix, placed in a chapel above the high altar, closed by a wooden door consisting of twenty-four oil panels of the 18th-century Sicilian Workshop, depicting the history of the passion of Christ and the Virgin Mary.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter