Church of the Santo Sepolcro



The construction of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre began in 1740, at the behest of Prince Don Nicolò Branciforti. Originally featuring a single nave, the church was enlarged and renovated over the centuries, until the present-day structure was achieved: three naves with barrel roofs and the characteristic “cupolette”, the facade in neo-Gothic style and an interior rich in Sicilian marble and works of art. The main altar, in baroque style, dates back to the 18th century and above it is a wooden statue of Our Lady of Sorrows, attributed to the sculptor, Quattrocchi.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter