Castle of the Margana



The Castle of the Margana is an ancient fortress built on a rocky outcrop characterized by smooth, steeply sloping walls near the river Margana. The castle was built in the early 13th century by Teutonic knights, called to Sicily in 1197. For a long time, the castle was an excellent defensive bulwark in the area and today represents one of the few examples of medieval architecture in Sicily built by the Teutonic knights.

Informazioni generali


Share


KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR SCHEMES

Follow our social channels and subscribe to the newsletter